Elfi Baillien is Work and Organizational psychologist and assistant professor at HUBrussel. She finalized her PhD on the development of workplace bullying in 2011. She engaged herself as a bullying researcher after a close friend became a target of bullying in 2002. Ever since, she aimed to further practical understanding of this phenomenon by means of academic studies that shed light on what is actually going on and to contribute to evidence based bullying interventions in practice. In this context, she has worked within a range of organizations, with various practitioners in the field. As a member of the board, she would like enhance collaboration between academics and practitioners. She would also like to further establish workplace bullying as a significant topic in the academic world, and encourage researchers to get this topic ‘out there’. Her taks within the board include updating the literature and events list.
- Baillien, E., De Cuyper, N., & De Witte, H. (2011). Job autonomy and workload as antecedents of workplace bullying: a two-wave test of Karasek’s Job Demand Control model for targets and perpetrators. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 84, 191-208.
- Baillien, E. & De Witte, H. (2009). Why is organizational change related to workplace bullying? Role conflict and job insecurity as mediators. Economic and Industrial Democracy, 30, 348 -371.
- Baillien, E., De Witte, H., Notelaers, G. & Neyens, I. (2008). De ontwikkeling van de RATOG: een screeningsinstrument voor de preventie van pesterijen op het werk [The development of RATOG: an assessment tool to prevent workplace bullying]. Gedrag & Organisatie, 21, 254-277.
- Baillien, E., Neyens, I., De Witte, H, & De Cuyper, N. (2009). Towards a three way model of Workplace bullying: a qualitative study. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 19, 1-16.
- Baillien, E., Notelaers, G., De Witte, H., & Matthiesen, S.B. (2011). The relationship between the work unit’s conflict management styles and bullying at work: moderation by conflict frequency. Economic and Industrial Democracy, 32, 401 - 419.
- Rodriguez-Muñoz, A., Baillien, E., De Witte, H., Moréno-Jimenez, B., & Pastor, J. C. (2009). Cross-lagged relationships between workplace bullying, job satisfaction, and engagement: two longitudinal studies. Work and Stress, 23, 225-243.
- Stouten, J., Baillien, E., Van den Broeck, A., Camps, J., De Witte, H. & Euwema, M. (2010). Discouraging bullying: the role of ethical leadership and its effects on the work environment. Journal of Business Ethics, 95, 17-27.